Fuel Economy - Gas Mileage (MPG) & Dimensional Info
The two most common specifications or features that current or perspective Econoline van owners search for are that of fuel economy, namely gas mileage (MPG) and dimensional information; particularly for the interior. For this reason we have dedicated separate pages for this specific technical data and key information.
***Click on the image below to navigate to the corresponding page.
Spec Data & Econoline Van Features
While there are hundreds of data points, specifications and features for the current generation E-Series Cargo Van and Wagon and; we have chosen to provide some of the highlights below. We have also provided some key features from previous generation Ford Econoline vans.
***(Please note this information is subject to change)
2013 E-Series Cargo Van & Wagon Key Features
- Fuel Capacity: 33 Gallons
- Wheelbase: 138 inches
- Engines: 4.6L & 5.4L 16 Valve Flex Fuel V8 / 6.8L Triton 20V V10
- Transmissions: 4 Speed Auto w/ Overdrive or 5-Spd Automatic w/ Tow/Haul Mode
- Front suspension: Twin I-beam independent w/ stabilizer bar
- Rear suspension: Leaf springs w/ solid axle
- Shocks: Gas-pressurized
- Brakes: Power Anti-Lock Disc
Capacities: Passengers & Cargo
E-Series Cargo vans are designed to haul payload and thus are limited to either 2 people (two front seats) or 5 (with rear bench). Cargo volumes depend on engine and the presence or absence of a rear bench. They can range from 146.4 cubic feet to 278.3 with a max payload of 3710. On the other hand Econoline Wagons are designed to haul passengers and thus the E150 will accommodate 7-8, the 250 will allow for 12 while the E350 Extended Length can support a staggering 15 passengers.
Econoline Van Towing
Towing is variable based on the model (Regular or Extended Length) but more importantly the equipped engine (4.6L, 5.4L or 6.8L). As a rule of thumb Econoline Cargo vans can tow more from 6,000 to 10,000 pounds, however Wagons are also capable of reaching this towing capacity as well.
Late Model Used Econoline Van Key Features1st Generation (Vintage Econoline)
- Engines: 144 cid Falcon Six I6, 170 cid Thriftpower Six I6, 240 cid I6
- Transmission: 3-Speed Manual (on the tree)
- Engines: 240 CID (3.9 L) I6, 300 CID (4.9 L) I6, 302 CID (4.9 L) Windsor V8
- Transmission: 3-Speed Manual "Cruise-O-Matic"
- Wheelbase: SWB: 105.5 in (2,679.7 mm) | LWB: 123.5 in (3,136.9 mm)
- Engines: 300 CID I6, 302 & 351 Windsor V8, 460 CID 385, 6.9L & 7.3L Navistar Diesel
- Transmission: 3 & 4 Speed Manual and Automatic
- Wheelbase: SWB: 124 in (3,149.6 mm) | LWB: 138 in (3,505.2 mm)
- Dimensions (LWH): SWB: 186.8-226.8" X 79.9" X 79.2-85.4"
- Engines: 4.2 & 4.8L V6, Windsor, Triton & Powerstroke V8s, 6.8L V10
- Transmission: 4 Speed Auto, 5-Spd TorqShift Automatic
- Wheelbase: 138 in (3,505 mm)
- Dimensions 1992 - 2008 (LWH): SWB: 212-232" X 79.3-79.9" X 80.7.2-84.1"
- Curb Weight: 4,773 lb (2,165 kg)